Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Welcome to Hideki's Garage

Welcome all auto enthusiasts to Hideki's personal auto blog "Hideki's Garage". I'm a car tuner through and through, and for my first posts I think I'm gonna introduce myself as well as my personal garage of machines.

So who is Hideki?
My entire life I've been deeply involved in all things car. My pops was an old 50's hot rodder and Corvette collector. When I was 14 I got my first car, yeah I couldn't drive the thing but it was even more important just to have a machine that was just mine. My first "cool" car was a 1990 Nissan 300ZX twin turbo. My pops bought that thing brand spankin' new in 1990 and enjoyed it for almost a decade, until one day the timing belt snapped and bent damn near all 24 valves. I told him, "Pops, If I get a job (keep in mind I had just turned 16 at the time) and get that car fixed can I have the Nissan?" and you know what, he agreed. Sure I got a job, promised to pay my dad back for the $2,500 it cost to get the car up and running. To this day I haven't paid him back, but he didn't care. I'm sure he was just happy to see his son enjoying that car.

Well... One fateful knight the Z32 was destined for the afterlife. I wasn't driving, my mom was. An old guy had a heart attack on the freeway and crossed the median. It blew the whole front of the Z32 to smitherines. Sayonara Z32, I'll always miss that car. But, with the insurance money I was able to get my Eclipse.

Some time after the accident I moved back to Japan. Chidoricho Tokyo to be exact. It really taught me the true beauty of tuning the Japanese way. Seriously, look at the real high quality Japanese tuned machines. Carbon fiber? Of course, but in that understated Japanese way it gets painted the color of the body so no one ever really knows. It's the small details that make a tuned car seem like it came that way from the factory. I eventually had to move back to the United States. I included some of the pictures from when I lived in Tokyo.

The purpose of this blog is going to be to entertain, Expect stuff on my car's like builds and such. But also any news I deem "Hideki's Garage" worthy. I welcome all comments good or bad, and now that you know my car story feel free to leave a comment about your own.
A Daihatsu dealership that was located down the street from my apartment.

Taken outside the Imperial Palace, I always like the old Edo architecture next to the modern skyscrapers.

Tokyo's Asakusa temple. The biggest temple in Tokyo, those are food stall on both sides. Yumm

I'm in Hakone in this pic, drifters know about Hakone and the birthplace of the Touge

Just a random picture of downtown Shinjuku

In the middle of a huge park in downtown Shinjuku, There was a chrysanthemum festival going on

No comments:

Post a Comment