Tuesday, January 18, 2011

the Other cars...

At one point I had seven, yes seven cars. I now only have six... Here are them in a tiny bit of detail. You'll see my collection of cars is very eccentric. I'm not just into one type of car.

Hideki's W124 300E
This car had an interesting story. I've always been a fan of 190E's and 300e's and was looking for one to tune, and this one fell into my lap. I get a phone call one night I can have the car, for free! The only catch however, is that someone vandalized the car pretty bad, all I had to do was tow the car home. Well the car was in top shape mechanically, so I just drove the thing home, I included a picture of what the car looked like before, you can laugh.

I drove it home like this :D


The Chronicles on an old 300E
I spent a considerable amount of time (actually I didn't it was like a weekend) replacing what was broken, headlights, mirrors, interior bits, and giving the car a decent polish. And the whole thing seemed transformed, I had my cousin cut 3 coils off a set of Sportline springs I had from a buddy (my cousin did it cause he wanted to learn and who am I to pass up free labor?) and I made a custom Carlsson valve cover. I also painted the grille black, got rid of the headlight wipers, and made a custom exhaust using a Lorinser muffler I found at a junkyard (no joke) but my girlfriend sold the car while I was at work and never got around to taking decent snaps of the car finished. I know right, she sold it and I didn't even know! It's cool though.





No comments:

Post a Comment