Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A New (Newish) Intake for the Gurren

For the longest time I made due with a K&N filter clamped onto the end of the C4's throttle body. It sounded great, and probably gave the batterred old Corvette a few extra ponies. But let's face it, it didn't exactly look good at all. So I went about procuring the factory intake setup for the car. When I rescued the Gurren it was still twin turbo'd with its destroyed factory powerplant. So naturally, it didn't have any of the factory intake components, so when I transplanted another L98 in its place I had to be creative. Of course I couldn't just leave well enough alone, so I cut open the lid to the airbox to let more air in. It's not nearly as loud as before, and power delivery is actually a little smoother... I guess GM knew what they were doing.

Looks more complete this way :) of course I can always go back to the loud K&N


You can see the cut airbox lid

No comments:

Post a Comment