Thursday, March 3, 2011

Aluminum Radiator for my 2G

Well it's no mystery that my 2G Eclipse gets put through its paces on a daily basis. So naturally, things are bound to break. What broke this time was my factory radiator. The end tanks are made of plastic, and the spout that lets you clamp the upper radiator hose sheared off. So I ordered a Mishimoto aluminum radiator and dual electric fans. The radiator is physically larger than the one it replaced, and with the aluminum end tanks I wont need to worry about the spouts breaking off. And on the plus side the new fans are more powerful than the factory ones, and since they're slimmer, there's more room in the engine bay for a larger turbo.

Not only does the new setup perform better, it looks soo much better.

... and that extra room will come in handy when I find a bigger turbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment